Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Letter dated 9-16-06

Hey family,
I just got another batch of letters dating till about the 11th. We finally got some square away time, so I decided to write you now. I feel bad that I can't write you more, I know you are just as excited to get letters as I am. I write you every chance I get.
Yesterday was pretty neat. I ran 3 miles in 23:35. I've never run that far in my life. But I made the minimum time for the final test, so I'm set. Today we had our initial drill. Our platoon stunk it up. But we weren't the worst, so the "Booger Platoon" title goes to someone else. Other than that, we are gearing up mentally at least for Camp Pendleton. I'm kinda nervous about it. So far "Summer camp" hasn't been too bad, but once we go "up north", things gear up a level. The DIs don't have as much supervision, either. Pendleton is where people get in shape.

Sunday Morning
Okay, I'm writing this while waiting for church to start. We're not supposed to, but I'll stop during the service. This morning was interesting. We get 1/2 hour more sleep on Sundays. Then in chow line, a DI saw something on the ground and told me to pick it up (like trash), so I did and it was a $5 bill. I looked at him wondering what to do with it, and he looked at me like, "Well, take care of it, dummy!" So I slowly pocketed it, then he walked away. Cool beans. Then when I was getting chow, the DI stands at the end of the line by the dessert. We're allowed to eat dessert, but we get some guilt for it. Today I walked past it and the sr. DI told me I should go back and get some. He was being nice. It was weird. Anyway, today we're gonna do more to get ready for Pendleton. Other than that, I have no clue. Tomorrow we'll be doing our first water stuff. I'm looking forward to that, although I don't know what to expect. We never do. I've gotta go. Love you all, Jared
P. S. My health is back to normal. I feel bad about worrying you. I'm fine now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home