Monday, September 18, 2006

Undated Letter, Received 9-18-06

Hey family,

Sorry for the writing delay. I’m back on full duty (in the nick of time) and I’ve been working hard enough that I haven’t been able to keep my eyes open the past few nights. My cough is about a day from being totally gone and I feel good.

Today we ran two miles for PT. It was pretty rough. But tomorrow we’ll run three miles. So if all of a sudden in the afternoon you decided I needed prayer, that’s why. Also tomorrow we have our initial drill, where we march in front of drillmasters. I’m a little worried cause I’m on the left side, which is 1st squad, which is pretty much who everyone sees. I hope I don’t goof it up.

Today we brought our camis in to get our names sewn on them. Just like Marines. Yesterday was our first inspection. We got our guns, uniform, and knowledge checked. Everyone failed. It was a learning experience.

I’m starting to make some friends now. Like Westman, the one who looks like Vindeisel. He’s from Charleston, S.C. We talked a little during cleaning.

Other than that, I don’t have a ton to report. Today was a cheerful day (after dinner at least) and I hummed (and sang a little) some of the songs I remember (while waiting at attention for about 20 min.). I haven’t gotten mail for about four days (no one has), so I’m looking forward to that. I hope everything’s okay. Last I heard Mom wasn’t feeling well. I hope you’re better, Mom, and no one else is sick. I miss you guys. Talk to you later. Jared

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting Jared's letters!! We pray for him and for his folks. Know it has to be hard on you guys having him so far away. We know he can't keep in touch with everyone so it's nice to hear how he's doing from the blog.

9/19/2006 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home