Sunday, August 20, 2006

I'm off

hey there guys. im kinda in a solemn mood tonight. ive already said almost all my goodbyes to everyone. and to those of you i havent said goodbye too, ill be coming to church early tomorrow to talk to a few friends. but that'll be your last chance. cause ill be leaving church early and coming home. then after that i'll go to the recruiters at 1 pm and then at 1:30 my recruiter will take me off to indy, where i'll spend sundayafternoon signing papers, getting checkups, and swearing in. then on monday, ill be flown to san diego to boot camp for thirteen weeks. i'll graduate the day after thanksgiving. ill come home for ten days, maybe more if i can get a job at the recruiters for awhile. then ill go off to combat training then engineering school cause im gonna be a combat engineer.

im going to get my adress the first or second day of boot camp and ill send it back to my mother. she will then email it to everyone in my adress book. if you dont get the email, ask someone who would be in my adress book.

i would ove to get letters from anyone and everyone. if you do end up sending me something, please try and make it as plain as possible. no scented paper or anything real fancy. also, only send me letters. if you send something else you run the risk of getting me in trouble. once there was a guy whose mother sent him a pan of fudge. the drill instructer made him eat the whole pan then and there and then had him go out and run. please dont make my life any harder, but please send me letters. if you decide to be funny and send me something that would get me in trouble,,, know this,,, after boot camp, my career will be war. i'll try to write as many people back as i can, but i really cant promise anything at all. i dont know how much time i'll have.

anyway, thanks everyone, and anyone who made me smarter, tougher, funnier or wiser. i feel like highschool was all about relationships, and ive certainly learned alot. anyway lets just pertend i said something heartwarming and comforting.

thanks guys. best wishes to all.

3 Comments:

Blogger JJewell06 said...

jared you're awesome!!! i had more fun with you than i knew what to do with. I already miss you, can't wait to see you again! James ~ I still have one or to contacts around, but it just won't be the same without jared.

8/21/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Sage said...

you're in my orayers, even if we barely know eachtoher

8/25/2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

miss ya, dude.

8/27/2006 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home