Monday, October 16, 2006

Letter dated 10-8-06, Received 10-14-06

This delay in receiving info from Jared is getting really old! By the time we received the following letter, field week was over and done with, and he's on to the Crucible. Nevertheless, any letter in his handwriting is treasured! Please continue to pray for his health, especially during this very intensive and critical week. Thanks. Lisa

Hey family,
Well, next week is field week and I doubt I'll be able to send or receive mail. I don't know a ton about whats gonna happen, but we'll be living outside, in the dirt, and cold. It will be cold. I'm not really looking forward to it. It will be hard. I'm pretty tired to start out with anyway. We had the 8 mile hike yesterday. It was unpleasant. It was hard. I'm real sore today and my legs feel shot. Luckily my cough got a little better just in time, and after the hike (it was in the morning) I got my appetite back finally. We had a good lunch too. Hamburgers. I ladeled on the ketchup, and piled about 6" of pickles, tomatoes, and onions. It was great. It'll be MRE's for the rest of the week. Ugg. I guess I'm getting a little tired of this "summer camp".

Rifle qualification was Friday. The ranks are marksman, sharpshooter, and expert. Most people get marksman or expert cause they can shoot or can't. Well, I made sharpshooter and was VERY happy when I heard it. First of all, you get a better looking medal, and secondly, it looks better on your record for promotions. I wasn't expecting it cause I wasn't doing real well on the range. I think its cause I was always daydreaming about Adrienne, home, or food. I can't wait to go home, and I expect to have a good cinnamon roll breakfast at least once. Theres a ton of other things I'll eat too--spaced off thinking of food and the meat dad smoked the other day--Well, I guess I'm at/past the halfway point. They say it goes fast. I hope they're right. I'm ready for a game of hearts or something. I miss you guys.
Love, Jared

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home