Wednesday, February 22, 2006

upsides to everything

yesterday i went to indy to go watch my sisters dance recital. my sister does irish stepdancing. for all ye hoosiers ill make it simpler. shes one of them riverdancers with the irish music and stiff arms. and i guess thats all great. good for her. shes been doing it ever since we moved to indianna. the thing about it though, is they have a recital every year. okay, whatever, thats fine. but every year its on a tuesday so right after i get home from school i have to go to this thing. every year its in indiannapolis so its a long drive. every year my mom invites three too many people to come ride with us because were the only people with a minivan. (my parents hang out with the "singles' group from church.) letsee,, i suppose i could find about a billion other rasons why i hate going, but the biggest one is that its all accordian music. all 3 hours of it. okay, so thats not fun, but you get over these things right? well every year its the same songs. they probly use the same songs about 4 times over in every performance. they have all the same dances too. different people (they just move up to a harder dance every year) but same dances. with the same accordion music. every year i sit up on the balcony i wonder if its high enough to kill me if i jumped off or if id just break something.

this year was the same. cept for one thing, the weather was nice. every year it seems like theres an ice storm we have to drive through. if not that, something else goes wrong. one year it seemed glitchless till we got home, our neighbors garage was on fire. its just a bad day. well this day it seemed like it'd be pritty good. good driving weather, they did all the tank you's at the beginning (which took out about half an hour of the program) and you could see in the seats. i usually like to sit by my dad, cause he the only one who shows any concideration for me through this time of pain, but this year i sat down, and everyone was sitting one seat to the left,, so when people came to thier seat, i was sitting in it, so instead of everyone mooving over, i just went to the other side of the row to sit by someone i dont even know. i figured it was another thing on the list of misery. but good came of it. when i sat down i realised i was on the end. this was good. i remember thinking spacifically that it might be good if i had to go to the bathroom or talk a walk. or if i got so sick of the program i could go and throw up real quick. and i figured that that was the only nice thing to happen to me throughout all of this. but there was a better upside for sitting where i was. i was one of the few from our group, who did not get thrown up on.

thats right, thrown up on. some little stinker kid who was sitting and talking and kicking chairs behind up decided he'd blow some chunks on my row. green (yes green) chunks landed on my sister and mother and on her friend. it was disgusting.

oh well. at least it wasnt me. i went home clean.

6 Comments:

Blogger MEC said...

HA HA HA !!(I'm seriously laughing so hard I think my sides will split)
How did it smell on the way home?

2/22/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

i puked all over slatyon once...and he never let me forget it.

2/22/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

I've thrown up on someone... Now that I think of it, it was pretty funny!

2/22/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

not every day...but i used to get sick all the time...and that made me throw up a lot. now i almost never throw up.

2/23/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger MEC said...

I threw up while Tyler was still on the phone


I felt bad, but hey, I made it to the toilet and he says he didn't hear anything

2/23/2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Sage said...

okay dude... THAS funny... even though i'm irish. hehe...

2/23/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home