Saturday, January 28, 2006

semper fi

okay, so the big day has come and gone. well, one of em. im gonna spare you all the details, but in the end, after getting up at 4am and essentially waiting on my rear till 4:30pm, i became eliigible to enlist, signed the papers, and swore into the u.s. marines. my occupation is combat engineer. the day i leave for bootcamp is aug 21. i am extreemly tired and am amazed that im up this late. ask me all the questions you want. i'll be happy to answer them. my dad tried asking me all about it during dinner. i sat there rambling while he sat there eating. as soon as i'd stop to take a bite of food my dad would be like "and,,,, go on" so id have to keep talking. the point is, im rambling now, so i have plenty of time to answer your questions if you indeed have any.


12 Comments:

Blogger Matt Harmless said...

I am excited for you.

That is one of my biggest regrets of life, that I didn't join the military.

I will be praying for you. You should try to keep posting as you go through the whole experience. That would be really cool.

1/29/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger yoshi said...

i'm proud of you. you did what many "men" will never be able to do.

1/29/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

Congrats. Keep working hard.

1/29/2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger La Profesora said...

Way to go, Jared. You can be sure we will be praying for you.

1/29/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger DisplayName said...

i think you meant to say beautiful... yeah, beautiful

1/29/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger turza said...

Can't say that i agree with Mr. h-less about not signing up myself, but i am so thankful for you and others who are willing to do such. It will be so sad going to school without you, and everyone else.......(i'm gonna cry!)

btw, how long is you 'boot camp' and will you come back and meet us all before you go on active duty or whatever it is. (bear with me i know almost nothing about this).

1/29/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger julio said...

boot camp is the longest of all branches, 13 weeks. then after that i think i might have a little time to come home, but im not really sure about that. i figure it'll be a little before christmas, so im betting alot of you will be away at college when and if i come back.

1/29/2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger JJewell06 said...

Congratulations jared, thats awesome that you made it, like eveyone else already said we'll all be keeping you in our prayers!

1/29/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Jared, our country would be nothing w/o guys and girls willing to sacrifice for the rest of us

Jared I think I might cry, I'll miss you! Good luck!

1/30/2006 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://dnjhpcse.com/gsjo/dvmw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rklzcbqb.com/jomz/lyyv.html]Cool site[/url]

11/14/2006 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

11/14/2006 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://dnjhpcse.com/gsjo/dvmw.html | http://zrendtkx.com/anuj/tgem.html

11/14/2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home