Monday, January 09, 2006

what? i cant hear you

its prittty wierd to think of how much we depend on all our sences to do certain things. like right now, theres a good chance ill mispell alot of these words because im missing a sense. can you guess what it is? its my hearing. my left ear is completely blocked up and my right ear is well on its way. you say "how does a loss of hearing make you mispell words?" i say, cause i cant hear the keybord click when i hit a key. i might spell everything fine i donno, but its just one example of how vastly we use our sences.

anyway, fri evening i got sick. it started with my nose, you know that wierd feeling thats really hard to explain. the cold moved to my throat where it infected all parts that help me to swallow. from there it moved to my head. i was littereally waiting for my head to pop. my neck started to get real stiff too. then my ears. last night i couldnt fall asleep causse they hurt so bad. i was waiting for them to pop too. whenever i hear of people with colds "effecting thier whole body" i never really knew how that could happen. i didnt doubt them, but it just seemed wierd. well now i know just how possible it is. this morning i woke up with barely any hearing. my throat is better and headache is gone, but my ears still are throbbing. i went to the doctor and she said i shouldnt go to school till wed. oh well.

being sick is kinda lonely. i had stuff planned to do over the weekend that i really wanted to do, but i got stuck here. now im afraid to call anyone cause i cant really hear. all i have left is IM, but for the past while either my family had to use the omputer or no one was on. well i feel like im rambling. have fun at spirit week!

6 Comments:

Blogger yoshi said...

so who am i gonna get to be the other boy with me?

1/09/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger julio said...

maybe i can come in specialy for that.

1/09/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Jared, I'm sorry

1/09/2006 6:10 PM  
Blogger DisplayName said...

yeah. i definitely missed seeing your smiling face today.

hope ya feel better...

you are quite lucky to be sick during spirit week, you know this, right?

i would say, "trade ya places," but after reading your post, i've decided against it

1/09/2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

try not to enjoy it too much..

1/10/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger julio said...

i did pick the best week,,,

1/10/2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home