Tuesday, January 24, 2006

the beginning is about to start

well today i went to school. even though the day dragged on, in a little bit i was out. i cant honestly remeber much of anything that happened in school today offhand. cept for mr lambeth was trying to show us how an acid jar, when broken, would remain intact by a coating of rubber. he dropped it on a matal plate,,, a couple tries later, the jar broke the metal into about four peices. i guess i'll have to take his word for it.

when i got home i played video games, improving my driving skills. i decided i can drive a maclaren f1, 200mph on a coastal road for about 9 seconds before scratching the paint, after that i have no idea how long it would take to total. just incase some wants to buy me one of those cars and take me to the coast. after a little spat with my father, i dinned on some smoked ribs. good stuff. im not gonna go into it, cept to say they were the best ribs ive ever eaten.

my uncle came over a bit before that, and during, and after i got back home. we played around with eachothers music. me with his ipod, him with my mp3 player. we like alot of the same stuff suprisingly. i guess i can understand that. hes my closest uncle and hes the only one who lives anywhere near here. my dad works with him everyday, but i rarely see him. he talked with me and my sis about future jobs and whatnot, its what he always talks about but im always up to at least hearing it. then he stayed for dinner, then me and my parents went to the marines.

we got there and it was reiterated that in order for me to get the job i want (combat engineer) id basically have to go through MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) and take my physical and test soon. so its been scheduled for sat morning. there i'd get my physical exams done and id take the asvab test. then if everything went as planned, id swear in and set up a date to leave for bootcamp. id leave friday night and come back on sat around 3-4. any questions comments, or concerns, please see the little "comments" icon at the bottom of this post.

im sure the near future will arouse some heartfelt posts about how life will change and how it will be hard to say goodbye to friends. right now my post has no room for such a topic. stay tuned for some of those im sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger yoshi said...

i hate you....in the friendliest way possible...

1/25/2006 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i'm gonna say is i hope it all works out for you~

1/25/2006 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home